Thursday, December 24, 2009

Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
This Christmas, I am grateful for many things, but my husband is on the tippy-tip-top of my list. This afternoon, he spontaneously decorated my hospital room with lit garlands, mini trees, and stockings. Thanks to a passle of 3M hooks, some heavy objects, and a few straight pins, it looks very festive!
It took 3mg of magnesium, 1 turbo shot of terbutaline, and some relaxation breathing, but we had a fun Christmas Eve. We wrote letters to Santa, requested some chocolate milk and cookies from the cafeteria for Mr. Claus and the reindeer, and ate Chili's fajitas (feliz navidad, remember?)
Then the boys laid on pillows and blankets to watch a movie and a nativity slideshow courtesy of my handy hubby. Earlier, I mentioned to him that it might be fun to have the boys come watch a Christmas show with me. Instead of just popping a DVD into the hospital's dismally small TV (I think it is killing Matt to watch non HD TV on such an archaic piece of technology), he rigged up a projector and a screen in my room, and we enjoyed a "popcorn movie night," one of my boys' favorite things.
Matt lugged all the presents to the hospital (including some hidden in the closet that are from you-know-who) so he can bring the boys over to open them in my room tomorrow morning. Hooray for Matt--he is a really REALLY good sport and has done everything he can think of to make this a memorable Christmas for our family.

8 comments:

MegT said...

SO CUTE! No wonder your nurse cried. Two big thumbs up to Mateo. Not too much longer now. Glad you had a merry christmas and am wishing for the innumerable-enth time you were here.
So, just out of curiosity, how is he going to do your treasure hunt? Is it just going to be crossword style? :) Love ya baby, love ya

Keri Cannon said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Way to go Matt! I'm so happy you had such a good christmas! Now keep that baby in there a little longer :) Good luck!

Liz E said...

Liza-
I wish I was there to help! I had no idea you were going through all of this. I am so glad you are doing OK. Are you having a girl or boy? I hope the next few weeks go by quickly and you can be home with your sweet family. Take care of yourself! Miss you!
Liz

SJ said...

Way to save Christmas! So impressed with how you guys have handled all of this. Will keep you in my prayers.

Liz Horton said...

This is why Matthew is my favorite nephew:) I am so happy for you all. This brings back so many memories of my friend Rachelle who went through this with her quints...that stuff makes you so sick...but so worth it!
A christmas you will never forget!
Love to all, Aunt Liz

Blanck said...

Kudos to Matty. And congrats to Lizey to making it to 34 weeks. You are the toughest girl I know.
hearts and christmas kisses

Julianne said...

Matty-boy you are the BEST! Liza I can not believe what you go through to get these special boys here. You are an angel and I am praying for you and your family. How fun to have all those letters to go back and read through,those were some memorable times!! I hope that everything goes well and this little guy will stay where he is a little longer. Happy belated anniversary! 9 years,that is just crazy! Didn't we just see matt in Guys and Dolls..hahaha! I love you!

Emily said...

Holy Smokes Liza - I had no idea you were in the hospital! I have total empathy and am praying for you. You really do have such an amazing family - Mom, husband, kids, in-laws, sisters,etc...! WOW! It will be a Christmas non of you ever forget! Can't wait to hear that baby is hear and healthy - and you too. GOOD LUCK!