Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Because it is a tradition

in our family to do major renovation projects right when we have a baby, my house is a construction zone.

For my Christmas present, Matt got me something I have been dreaming of for a year--beautiful new, dark hardwood floors. My entire house was tiled (seriously--it is even under the carpet upstairs) when we moved in, and we have talked about eventually replacing the purply-grayish blahness with hardwoods. Matt decided to suprise me and wrapped a broken piece of tile for my present. Yep, that's right--he took a hammer and chisel to our floor to make sure there was no going back and presented it to me in the hospital.
On Monday, Frank and Tracy took the boys and Matt worked with his cousin to chip out all of the tile and mortar in the living/dining room and front entry. Then he spent the entire day Tuesday cleaning up--sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and dusting. Seriously, how did I get this guy? The wood comes in on Monday, and if I can hold off delivering for a few more days, it should be finished before the baby and I come home.

To add to the chaos, both of our bathtubs leaked this week, and we (Matt) had to rip out the soggy drywall. The home warranty should fix it all for a $100 service fee (keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?), so I will come home to beautiful floors AND a functioning jacuzzi.

Yeah, we like to pack it all in. Keeps life interesting.

1 comment:

Pat said...

peace and serenity are overrated.