Thursday, May 28, 2009

San Diego, Part Deux

On Thursday, we packed up our campsite, said goodbye to our pals, and headed off for a solo adventure, PIRATE STYLE. Avast, on the horizon, me eyes spotted a right sea-worthy vessel that my mateys had to plunder (seriously--Mac wanted a cannonball for a souvenir). Me 'n these here scurvy scallywags drug our sorry keesters out th' car and had us a grand great adventuaaarrr!


Pirates overboard! . . . almost.

Aarghhhhhhh! Pirate smirks (and Mac's hook).

Captain Carter mans the wheel

Put yer back into it, you scurvy dog!


Alas, the journey did not end so well for the scallywags. After sneaking into the captain's quarters, they were ambushed by enemy blaggards and run through with daggers. They met their end on the captain's bed. But being the most steel-hearted, scumdiferous bilge rats this side of the caribe, they made it back for a Russian submarine tour. Saavy?




9 comments:

Pat said...

It won't be long before Mac can take Carter without a second thought. Let the record show that I taught the boys how to say "Arrrr (me) matey!" (me is in parentheses because they always omitted it)

carly said...

liza how are you guys? what is your new address? email me sometime, carlyallred@yahoo.com

Liz E said...

So fun. I miss having our kids play with each other. Turlock is good but my little ones still havn't clicked with anyone like they did with Mac and Carter. We are planning on coming down in the fall for a get away so I will be sure to call you. Post some pictures of your house sometime too. Hope all is good!

MegT said...

I can't wait for Ethan to wear his pirate shirt

Blanck said...

Scurvy kills! Eat more citris.
i heart you and your little pirates

Petersen's said...

My how your boys have grown up! We have sure missed out on living close to my side of the family and it makes it hard to keep tabs on y'all! I hope you are enjoying and adjusting well to your new home! We wish you and your "pirates" well!

Keri Cannon said...

Hey! Thank you so much for your sweet message the other day. It means alot! We brought home our little girl last wednesday. our little boy is still in the NICU, but hopefully he'll be out in less than a week. Such an emotional roller coaster. I know you know! I hope you are taking care of yourself... Thanks again! xoxo

The Anderson Fam said...

Liza, love your blog, you are such a writer, love it, the boys are getting so big. love you and miss you, if it's ok I need to ad you to my blog. Thanks, miss you

Keri Cannon said...

Hey! What is your address? I have a thank you card that I wrote forever ago! How's AZ? How are you doing/ feeling?