Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shiver Me Timbers!

Argh, these be the fiercest pirates in the desert!
For most of Halloween, my boys were "cap'ns."

Mac is one scurvy dog. He walks around all day lately muttering "Shiver me timbers!"


At Carter's school party, we made Oreo and licorice spider cookies.
**see cookie in background**


Mac was not impressed with the licorice part.


Kazoos. Awesome. Every mom's dream. It was a long 25 minute ride home. :)



At a cousin Halloween party, the
boys made some sweet ice cream concoctions.



Delish, right?


Gummy worms, candy corn, chocolate syrup, oreos, and sprinkles.
For the record, Carter ate his entire bowl.


We carved a scary pirate skull
(of course)
on our very large pumpkin.

Funny story: That night, when Mac refused to touch his dinner (for the second night in a row), I threatened to not let him help carve the pumpkin and send him straight to bed.
To my surprise,
He said, "Good idea, Mom." And went to bed.
I failed to remember that when they
had carved a pumpkin at school,
Mac said, "That's disgusting" and refused to go anywhere near
the pumpkin guts.
Oops!


4 comments:

wrightNOW said...

Liza...Yeah, I am glad I get to get an update on your move to Arizona and to see your darling boys. Their costums are soooo cute and they look like the best little pirates I saw all Halloween. I wish I would have taken the opportunity to visit you a couple more times before you moved...I was sad to hear you were leaving. Did you move for work? School? I hope that you are setteling in and doing well! Best wishes in your new home!

Blanck said...

Carty and Mac have been gone so long they are growing facial hair. We miss your little pirates and mommy and daddy too.
Great job on the blog. You are a natural. Can't wait to add you to my favorites.

rml said...

Okay. Do I or do I not have the most darling nephews on the planet? I think I do.

MegT said...

Pretty funny pictures...You should have taken and posted some of you in your wench outfit. It could be your Christmas card. And why isn't Riley posting on MY blog? Just because I named my baby after you...